Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Stoner's Selebration!

Okay! I know you're tryin' to figure out what is going on here. Believe me, their just being Bobs!
This is my Robert Eugene pictured with my dad's youngest brother, Robert Eugene.
Yes, this is intentional. My Robert is named after my uncle Robert. My uncle Bob saved my life when I was a young girl. He rescued me from drowning in the ocean. I thought I was a'goner but my hero was there to "sweep me off my feet"--uh--it was more like grab me by my scrawny neck. Regardless of the details, God chose to use this guy to save me so He could use me for something. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't be here if not for my uncle Bob. When our second son was born, I knew he had to be named for my hero. Just before this picture was taken, Bob wanted to know if he was the "RE" and Rob was the "TARD." I think it is a very good thing that there are soooo many years between them!! They would have been an earth shaking combo!


This is my Aunt Marsha. She shared dinner with us on Christmas day and then felt inclined to work for her "supper." Aunt Marsha is a cancer survivor and I admire her for walking that scary road courageously. Y'know, courage is not the absence of fear, but rather choosing to do the hard thing when fear threatens to paralize us into running the wrong way. Aunt Marsha's cancer is back to breathe fire and blow smoke in her face again, but God is gracious and merciful. He WILL provide what she needs over and over, again and again. God is faithful.


This little bit of dynamite is my little niece. She is an unforgettable, one-of-a-kind package!

The best gift I received this Christmas was the opportunity to be with my family. I missed my big Sis, David, and Kyle, but every one else was able to be together. As I grow older, my family becomes more precious and I realize anew just how blessed I am!

No comments: