Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Peace In YOUR Hands

Nevaeh's First Dress Up "Recital" At Home!

"So," she wants to know, "How did I do?"
"Beautiful, baby, just beautiful!"

How do I start? What do I say? I'm all mixed up and I need help to pray.
My heart is hurting, and I can't seem to breathe.
Oh, how am I going to make it through another dark day?


Will you pray with us and for us one more time? We had hope to share our exuberance over the results of the hearing that was held Friday, Jan. 23 as Nevaeh's birth mother was to go before the judge and relinquish her parental rights and seek adoption placement for Nevaeh and the unborn baby in our home. We prayed that she would do just that and God did answer our prayer. Birth mother did just that, but before there could be any rejoicing, paternal grandparents stated before the judge that they desire the custody of our little girl. This plea does not affect the unborn baby as a father has not been named for him. The plan is that I (Laura) will go to the hospital and bring our new baby home when he is released. These latest developments only affect our little girl, Nevaeh.
There are specifics regarding this case that would be unethical for me to post. Last week, the "grandparents" called the charge case manager in response to the notification of the pre-adoption hearing asking questioins about the family of Nevaeh's placement. They wanted to know if the home she was in was an adoption option. The charge case manager assured them that Nevaeh was placed in the best foster home that she could be placed. She had everything that she needed and was loved very much by her family. And YES, that family wants to adopt Nevaeh. They stated that they were glad to hear this and "Thank you, very much." Nothing else was said and no further communication was made. Then they entered the courtroom and immediately following the birth mother's relinquiment of parental rights, stated their intent. The caseworkers have assured us that their belief is that Nevaeh belongs here. God has truly worked miracle after miracle already for Nevaeh's sake. I know that He is in control! And I know that He is aware of where we are at and what is taking place in our lives. We know that we will be okay. However we are human and there are moments when fear threatens to overtake us. There are times when the emotions build up and errupt. Sometimes I can't breathe, sometimes I can't help crying. There are times that I've caught the boys hugging her extra close and I hear them telling her often, "Veah, I love you."
I have to tell you that after hearing about the court appearance of Nevaeh's paternal grandparents and their plea, the mail was picked up and a package had arrived for me. Of all days that this particular package had to arrive, why this same day? The contents of the package was a special ordered Adoption Baby Memories Book that I had ordered from and adoption education and counseling center via the internet. On this same day, also in the mail, arrived our recertification to be permitted to care for children in need.
Anyone who really knows our family knows that music is in our blood and we sing or hum without thinking about it. Daryl was doing this while sitting at the computer in our kitchen taking a mid-term exam in Spanish. I was processing apples to be made into applesauce and apple butter. He wasn't paying a bit of attention to what he was singing under his breath, but his repeating it over and over, broke through my concentration. I stopped to listen and this is what he was singing.
"Children, let not your hearts be troubled, With things you can't do nothin' about; For if His eye is on the sparrows, then He sure wonta' let you down."
God's ways of speaking to us are remarkable. His love is immeasurable. And I know that I can live with peace, sweet peace, when I leave it in His hands.

Time and time again I've bro't my burdens
I've prayed and prayed that I could lay them down
But walked away still bearing on my shoulders
A heaviness and heartache
He never meant for me to carry 'round.
But there's peace when I leave it in Your hands
Sweet peace when I leave it in Your hands
Just leave it there and never pick it up again
There's peace when I leave it in Your hands


I wouldn't say I've gained a lot of wisdom
But I have learned this much along the way
Lord, that you are always there to bear my burdens
At first I might not feel it
But if I learn to trust you come what may
I'll find peace when I leave it in Your hands
Sweet peace when I leave it in Your hands
Just leave it there and never pick it up again
There's peace when I leave it in Your hands

When I'm tempted to Doubt and question you
Lord, just keep reminding me
There's peace when I leave it in Your hands
Sweet peace when I leave it in Your hands
Just leave it there and never pick it up again
There's peace when I leave it in Your hands
SUNG BY LEGACY FIVE

GOD'S PROMISE TO US
JOHN 14:27
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.

2 comments:

Allana Martian said...

Laura, I will certainly join you in praying! We have never adopted, so I can't imagine everything you are going through, but I understand the roller-coaster ride your emotions are on! From faith to fear and back to faith again, all in less than a minute! As I'm writing this, I have noticed that the word verification below is "nests". How wonderful it is to know that Neveah is "nested" into her Father's hands!

I would love to hear your experience with jaw pain that you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Laura, This is Allanas mom. Hi, I just want you to know that Carl and I will be praying for you all. My heart goes out to you and all you are going through at this time. It is wonderful that we can rely on the Lord at times like this. He will either hold you in the storm or calm the storm while you are in it. Either wway it is a win win with Him. Your family is beautiful and I have enjoyed reading your blog. Love and prayers Carl and Flora Kready