Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update!

Surgical sights. Skin cancer removed from just above right ankle and a large lesion removed from bottom of left foot.

I'm not having any pain or problems with the area where the skin cancer was removed, but the lesion area is causing me quite a bit of pain. I'm not one to take a lot of pain meds, but I am relying on these meds quite heavily for now.

The Doc is still somewhat concerned as the lesion left such a huge hole that he could barely get it closed. Using crutches and a really ugly shoe for 2 weeks.

With a nurse like this, I should be better in NO time!! Letting nurse Nevaeh remove my IV tape!
Examining the patient!

The sugical nurse thought that I should encourage myself by thinking, "Cute flip flops! Really cute flip flops!"

I really hate surgery, but I did pretty good this time with the anesthetics. I'm really glad that this is over. We can remove the bandages in 24 hours after surgery to apply clean dressings.

Thankful for God's help and keeping my nerves under control. Mark was with me all the way!

I love you, Babe!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Glad you're ok, Sis :) Love you lots and am still praying that you'll be feeling all better soon!