Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

ASK, and it shall be given you....

Nevaeh came to me and asked for a scarf. Mommy had scarves and so she wanted one too. I didn't see any reason why she shouldn't have a scarf or two and so I promised her that I would buy her a scarf.
My problem presented itself when I began shopping for a scarf! Oh, I found scarves for little girls, but they were still too big for Nevaeh. They were for older children. In frustration, I told Mark, "Fine! Let's go get some knitting needles and yarn and I will learn how to knit!"
Mark just looked at me, but he's lived with me long enough to know that when I get a bee in my bonnet, I'm gonna' chase it until it's gone--for good!
So, he graciously accompanied me as I selected and purchased a couple types and colors of yarn and various knitting needles.
That night, after putting all my "babies" to bed, in the dark quiet of my cacoon, I hopped on the internet and typed into my search engine, "How to knit a scarf."
It was awesome! Within minutes I found myself knitting. I was so excited! I knitted a lime green scarf in 2 days. I do wish you could have seen Nevaeh's face when she discovered it that next morning after I had completed it!
That was all it took to fuel me on. I knew she needed a set to match her new coat and so equipped with my new-found confidence, another selection of yarn and my newly acquired needles, I began knitting again. Within a few days, I completed another scarf and I attempted to create a flower to add a special touch. I loved it! I purchased a knitting loom and began to create a hat from the same yarn. I made another matching flower and affixed it to the hat brim.
It still needed something to pull it all together. A pompom!! Yes! That would do it! I used my imagination and a small thin box and the pompom came out perfectly! I fastened it to the top of the hat and my set was complete!!!
Nevaeh was ecstatic!! She was so proud of her new hat and scarf set. So she modelled them for me and I'm sharing the photos with you!
Why? Because God used this delight to show me a picture of Himself and how He feels about His children. He showed me how we can be like Him and in turn, do for others.
Matthew 7:7-12
ASK, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For those who would receive, must ask first, and if he would find, he must first look: For the door to be opened, one must first knock.
What man among you would give his child a stone in place of the bread for which he'd asked? And would he give that which is harmful in place of that which is good?
If he who is human and by nature self thinking knows how to give good gifts to his children, how much more would our Father who is Holy, give good things to HIS children who ask of Him?
And so, to be like Him, those things which we would appreciate others doing for us, do even so for them.
This is as it should be!

Is there someone you may be able to help or encourage today by a gesture of kindness?

I'm certain that there is!

"So shines a good deed in a naughty and weary world." ~Shakespeare

2 comments:

Rob and Deanna said...

I love it!! Kiana's coat is the same color if you need some more practice. ;-)

Mark and Laura Fultz said...

Deanna, a little girl from our church "ordered" a pink and brown set much to her mother's chagrin!!