Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cancer, no respector of persons!

Yes. I know this picture is rather.....gross. But this is my reality right now. It was just a mole. I had had it all of my life. But sun exposure took its toll and I am now scheduled for surgery to remove this diseased skin and I get to add my name to the list of "Cancer Victims." That sounds awful! I think I'd rather use the word "survivor." It is on my right lower leg. I will also be having a rather large lesion (another form of diseased tissue) removed at the same time from my left foot. The Dr. has expressed some concern due to existing physical issues with my heart condition but I am optimistic! I've been through some pretty bad "stuff" so this has got to be better than THAT!
I would appreciate your prayers. I am scheduled for surgery March 29.
And please, take time to take care of YOURSELF!
Use this as a friendly reminder to examine yourself.
I will post an update.

No comments: