Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Monday, April 6, 2009

A Child Shall Lead Them

Let me introduce you to my nephew, Zack, though if you view my blog often, you already know this. Zack is my hero!! Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. Heroes are those you look up to, respect and admire, as well as take example from. I dearly love this little man and find myself challenged by his faith in our incredible God. We have had so many friends share their love and care regarding our situation with Nevaeh and her unborn baby brother, but Zack has been consistently faithful to pray that God would keep Nevaeh with Aunt Laura and Uncle Mark. If Mom or Dad would "forget," Zack was quick to remind. Nevaeh is never far from his thoughts. Out of the blue, Zack approached his mom and declared, "Mom, I don't have to pray for Nevaeh to stay at Aunt Laura and Uncle Mark's any more. God has it all worked out!" Wow! What do you say? Sherri didn't want to say the wrong thing and dent his incredible faith, so she accepted his declaration and payed specific attention to his prayers that night. He didn't mention Nevaeh at all. So she called me the next morning to give me a "heads up!" She said, "Just letting you know that it's all taken care of. Zack says that God has it all worked out!" So there you have it!
I will keep praying about Nevaeh and the baby for the reason that I have learned in a new way since Nevaeh's arrival blessed our home. I will keep praying because when I pray, it changes ME. It keeps my heart tender to God. It keeps my attitudes what they should be, and it keeps my heart surrendered to the will of a loving Heavenly Father. I will keep praying and when I do, I'll thank God for the gift of a little man willing to do his part and then trust God to do His!

No comments: