Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby?

"Has the baby been born yet?" Some have been telling me that they are checking the blog every day for an announcement. Maybe you are one of these. So --- this post is just for you! NO! He is not here yet. At the last doctor's visit, the doctor believed he had reason to change the due date and so instead of April 1, the due date is now April 10. (Mark's birthday is April 8!) There have also been some changes from the birth mother's end and we don't know yet how this will play out or what it will mean for us. Birth mom has stated that she has changed her mind and that she wants to keep the baby. "They" don't think that she will be able and there are many variables within this equation that have caused "them" to keep us on "standby." At this news, my heart hurt! I cried silently from inside. I prayed constantly. I have prepared for this baby. I have put much time, money, energy, love and care into those preparations. And in my desparate praying, I discovered that my prayers were all about me. I was praying with a selfish heart. I spent, I love, I care -- I, I, I. What about the baby? What about what's best for him? And so I stand corrected and thank God for the reminder that this isn't about me. I am asking you to help me pray for the best regarding this innocent little child. And if God chooses to grant us guardianship of another treasure, I will be humbly grateful for another opportunity to share God's love in this way. So help me God.

2 comments:

Stahl Family said...

Keep posting updates!! Your in my prayers!
Amy

Nancy said...

Thanks for posting an update. I'm one of the ones that checks regularly :) Everytime I hear more news I just think God HAS to come through for you. But you are always fatihful to remind us to pray for Gods will. We will and may God help you all through this uncertainty.