Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We're Not Monkeyin' Around!

That's right! We're not monkeyin' around here!
He's really and truly off to experience South America!
Daryl is soooo excited to have the opportunity to be a part of the team headed for the Amazon with Touching Lives for Christ! We went and applied for his passport yesterday and were informed that he should receive it within 10 days. I thought it was a little expensive but on the other hand, we were told that his passport will be good for five years AND since he is still only 15, they said the cost was a little less than if he was sixteen or older. I guess they were trying to make us understand that we were getting a great deal. Whatever.
Daryl actually leaves the 1st of June so that he is available for boot camp on the 2nd. He will be gone for a whole month!! I don't know if I can stand it!!
Anyway, for those of you who won't receive his letter and prayer card via postal service, let me share that he will be living on a house boat that will be on the Amazon. They will be stopping at various points and hiking into the jungle to villages and be working doing VBS, construction work, service in worship and anything else that may be of help in an effort to share God's love!
I do believe that it will be a wonderful experience for him, and I would truly covet an interest in your prayers on his behalf, BUT maybe you should also pray for poor old mom left at home to worry her last nerve to a frazzle. Flying international?? Without ME??!!?? I know. I know! I might as well chill out and let my head rest peaceably. God's already going to be up so there's no sense in me staying up just to worry. Might as well get some sleep!

5 comments:

Rob and Deanna said...

This is SO Neat that he will be able to experience life in another culture/country!! Will he be with Sis. Stence? I am guessing the houseboat is the one that the Edwin Bourne's lived & worked on.

Rob and Deanna said...

Oh I forgot to ask, who is going to be the team's sponsor this year?

Kimberly said...

Hey! I am glad Daryl is getting to do TLC this year! He'll have lots of fun, I'm sure! Love you all!

Allana Martian said...

How exciting! I'll have to look for Daryl when he comes for boot camp! Are either of you flying down with him? My daughter is looking forward to going on TLC next year. I have heard that Rebecca Stence allows them to experience the true rigors of missions! No pampering in the Amazon!

Faith said...

Too cool!! Well... actually, pretty hot. lol I am eager to hear all about it! :)