Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

ADOPTION UPDATE

What an adventure, this road we're travelin'. Each new development that transpires, and each new level we attain are accompanied with many life lessons for us to study and from them learn. I am awed by the workings of a loving God and in considering in retrospect the journey thus far, I have realized from the very beginning of our relationship with Children & Youth, that God was carving His design for Nevaeh. When God began speaking to us about becoming foster parents, Nevaeh was already on the way. And all of the fostering situations with which we were presented before Nevaeh coming to live with us were not in keeping with one or more of our "guidelines" we had set for ourselves. I had begun questioning whether or not I had misinterpretted God's intentions because "things" were not working out even close to what we had been instructed. Then a certain situation occurred, I believe to test us, a situation that could have rocked our world, and though we felt discouraged, we had no desire to "jump ship." And then Nevaeh---God brought Nevaeh to us, and oh, what a joy she has been. And I have been reminded today, that the same God who was working 7 months before Nevaeh was placed in our care at 2 months of age, this God does not leave loose ends. He doesn't leave us hanging. He cares for His own and what a precious little lamb Nevaeh is.
What a Saviour, what a Friend, WHAT A GOD!!
God has been aware of every minute detail from the start and I know that this latest development does NOT catch Him by surprise. In speaking to a casemanager today, I was made aware that the tribal council seems to be more interested in Nevaeh's birth grandmother. Nevaeh's birth mother and grandmother have written separate letters of intent to the tribal council stating their desires for Nevaeh and new baby to be adopted by us. PLEASE! Do NOT stop praying. Through working together to keep Nevaeh here, God is allowing a unique relationship to form between Nevaeh's birth mother and Nevaeh's forever mother (that's ME!!). It is my prayer and desire that God be able to use our lives to speak to and help Nevaeh's birth mother make some life changing decisions for His sake.
ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!
I have had a lot of questions with regards to the new baby and how we proceed from here and have been advised that if the tribal council gives their consent for the baby to be placed in our home at birth, we are to proceed as planned and yes, we will still name the baby.
It saddens me that an issue like this has to cloud the sunshine of our baby's birth, but I am reminded that it's the clouds that create extraordinary sunsets! And I still can't wait! Our baby is to be born ANY day!! I can't wait to see what Nevaeh will do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE -
Today has just been one of those wonder-filled days - I felt God's presence in the car with me all the way to church this morning and He's just given me such a blessed day!! Then I come on here and read your latest post...I will keep praying but I still believe God is going to work His perfect will - Neveah and her baby brother need to be in a loving home - AS A FULTZ FAMILY MEMBER!! Much love and prayers to you all!! ♥ Cin