Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Adoption Update

I am always so amazed when I look at pictures of these two at how much they look alike. When we were out to town just the other day, a sweet little old lady said that she just had to say how much that darling little girl looks just like her daddy! We just smiled at her and agreed! God is an incredible "picker-outer."
It has been quite a journey, this road that leads to Nevaeh. God has been teaching us so many things through this experience. Though we are not always able to share specific variables in this adoption equation, rest assured, God is working. And I have no doubt that He is still a God of miracles. On a recent visit home to my parents, God allowed me some time to take a few extra deep breaths and get some rest. He gave me time to find the quiet inside of me. During Sunday evening service at their church while their pastor was preaching, God quietly let me see that even though He has given us many miracles already in Nevaeh's situation, one of the greatest miracles that He had given me was the reality of living with peace. I was filled with amazement and gratitude. Sometimes it seems that our words are merely that, just words. Or we use our words to convince ourselves while continuing to struggle fruitlessly. The end result - definitely not peace.
God's promises are meant to be a reality to us, not just words. And when I take Him at His Word, I have learned that He will NOT let me down.
Life is at times hard, but in all things God IS good.
Jesus says to us in John 16:33," These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world"(NKJV).
Why ever would I want to screw up a plan like that with trying to take over and operate things my way?
God is definitely in control of Nevaeh's situation, and He will make all things beautiful in His time.
We will receive more information pertinent to our case in two weeks that will let us know what direction we have to go. If He so chooses, God has the power to cancel out the problem completely. I can hardly wait to see what He will do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura...you always did have a way with words. Your words were so fitting with some of the things we've faced, and still are facing here with Chels, and her situation. Your struggling to keep N and I have people that are telling me that I should try to get Chels to adopt her baby out. She wants to keep her baby and raise him/her - and we've chosen to back her up. I'm gonna be a grandma - and I will be honored to be such. Of course, I hope I can be "good" at it...hahaha

Love you and miss you all so much. I will continue to pray for you all, trusting God to work out His perfect will for Neveah - she's gonna love growing up with baby brother, D, and Rob - and Momma & Daddy =) *hint, hint*

Allana Martian said...

Laura, she is SO stinkin' cute! She makes Mark look good. ;-)

Bickerts said...

HEHE...I like Allana last comment!!..Kissy, kissy to you too, Mark.