Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Use Your Head!

I just happened to be outside with my camera taking pictures of the breathtaking fall foliage, when I saw Daryl weaving around our driveway and back yard. I called to him asking him if he was alright. He answered to tell me that he had hit his head. I came to him and pulled back his hair to find what you see above. He had no idea that he was beginning to bleed everywhere. He just knew that his head hurt. I quickly pulled up and took a shot. I don't normally run for the camera when my kids are bleeding.
This skid was in part, the reason for D's injury. Mark and Daryl had just begun to build what will be a small cabin on a skid. This cabin will be used as a scene prop for our church's live nativity in December and then as storage for other nativity props throughout the rest of the year. The skid allows the cabin to be pulled from the end of the property to position for the nativity and back. Well, something was supposed to be anchored down on the underside so Daryl used his head and came up with a plan to use a lever to lift the sides in order to complete the job. It was a great idea, but he forgot to move the cement block he had used as his fulcrum point and when he bent over, he smacked the top of his head on that cement block. We cleaned him up and Mark took care of him. Mark has had emergency medical training and used to run with an ambulance. Daryl showed no signs of being concussive.
The next morning, the "Doctor's Office On Wheels" parked in our church parking lot as it does one day each week. When I saw Daryl's head, I didn't like the looks of it and suggested getting the Doc to look at Daryl. They told Mark that they would accept Daryl's insurance and we took him in. Talk about convenient. And talk about God taking care of His own. Upon examining Daryl's injury, the Doctor discovered that Daryl had hit his head directly on top of a cyst that needs to be removed. Wow! This time God had to literally "smack" Daryl on the head so that we could have a potential problem tended to. I'm telling you!! There is absolutely no other way to live this life than with God included in every aspect of your daily existence!! That accident was not mere chance or coincidence. Our family practitioner is The Great Physician and we go on His referrals.


2 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

Wow! God sure does work everything for our good, doesn't He?!

I was thrilled to read your adoption news, too!

Kimberly said...

Hey! I'm sorry Darly hurt his head, but what can you say?! I love you guys so much!! Thanks for posting all the pics. It makes me feel like I get to see you more often :)