Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Move Over, Leonardo! He's At It Again!

This is our son, Rob. He's 11 1/2 years old now and our aspiring artist in residence. One of his first assignments for art class this year was drawing a self portrait. Rob grieved, fretted and lamented over what he believed to be his lack of ability. "I've never done anything like this before," he said. The examples of self portraits that were given were not his idea of self portraits. His assignment was supposed to take around 1 hour to complete - a sketch with color. Rob spent two days, but his results were amazing! He critiques his work harshly and insists that he still doesn't have everything right - the eyes need help and there's no color.....
"It still doesn't look like me!"
Well, Rob's mom is sooooo impressed. I believe he has great potential. Besides, how many of you would like to stand and look in the mirror and draw what you see?!
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

OH!!!!! It's so cute :) Robbie did a great job! I'm proud of my boys :) Love you guys and miss you bunches! BTW....my red grand am is no more :( The water pump and power steering pump went out. I'm sad :)