Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Biggy Girl, Growin' Up!

I hesitated for the longest time about moving Nevaeh from her crib because she was having enough other changes in her life, I just didn't think that this specific change was necessary. But Nevaeh has been struggling with taking a nap at Nana's house and I thought that perhaps this change would assist her. Nana has a toddler bed for Nevaeh. Nevaeh has been doing awesome with all of those other changes except that she just won't give in and take a nap at her Nana's. At her last visit, she finally asked for her elephant and pacifier, but she wouldn't take the final leap and give in to sleep. I felt that she was taking a step in the right direction by requesting her bed buddies and so I felt we could attempt this transition. We rearranged Nevaeh's bedroom and lowered her mattress. I removed one side rail and she is soooooo excited that she can get in and out of bed all by herself now! Momma is just a little nervous though about her falling out even though it's not very far to the floor. I fixed that by bumming a rocker from Daryl's room and I sit it beside the bed so that hopefully bumping it will encourage Nevaeh to roll the other way. We have successfully navigated 3 nights and 3 naps with this arrangement. Isn't she just a cute little bug?!

No comments: