Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thank you, Jesus, for Christmas!

I say, "Thank you, Jesus, for Christmas, 'Cause if you'd never been born, You'd never have died; You were born a little lamb-- the precious Lamb of God, And the Lamb for my sin's sacrifice."


'Twas the custom to come to the altar, A spotless lamb was there slain that atonement could be made-- To free one from the bondage of his sin's chains, And make amends so God would not forget man's name.

Then that first Christmas the great Lamb of Glory was there born to begin God's most wondrous of plans; 'Twas the greatest of great love stories, Forever freeing the hold of sin on worthless man.

Years have come and years have gone and there's still Christmas, And the meaning within my heart shall forever be the same; Fallen man was in need of a Savior, and that is why that in love my Jesus came.

"I pray, Lord, for those who don't know you, And the tidings of Your birth may I fail not to them bring; May some lost soul accept you this Christmas, And once they give themselves to you they too will sing....."

I say, "Thank you, Jesus, for Christmas, 'Cause if you'd never been born, You'd never have died; You were born a little lamb-- the precious Lamb of God, And the Lamb for my sin's sacrifice. You were the Lamb for my sin's sacrifice."

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

This post makes me want to sing :) Can't wait to see you!!!!!!

Becky said...

It was good to hear from you, and yes, we did meet at the ball field at camp! I did get the idea of the luminaries from BH&G. Your gingerbread house and decorations were beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Pastor Roger and wife Rachael said...

I enjoyed reading your blog! Great to hear from you all. Trust you have a very Merry Christmas!
The McCreerys