Having someone to love is FAMILY. Having somewhere to go is HOME. Having both is a BLESSING.
We ARE SO BLESSED!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Hanging on For Dear Life!

It has been a piece of forever since last we "spoke" that I thought it was way past time to communicate that we are indeed alive. Not necessarily well, as yet, but definitely alive! A virus began "toying" with our constitutions here in the Fultz family in the beginning of December and we fought valiantly! We thank God for a beautiful Christmas Day spent at our home all together, but the 26th, in exhaustion, one by one we began to succumb to the constant hammering of sickness. No one was exempt and a couple of us actually went for round 2 and 3 of the vicious virus. As mother of the bunch, I think that cleaning up after my darlings reexposed me and I could not fight the virus any longer. The virus turned into a bacterial infection and it became necessary to secure some antibiotics. It will probably take a couple of weeks yet to feel normal (whatever that is!) but I AM feeling as if I am finally on the mend! The temperature this morning was a negative 18 degrees and I pray that it kills every virus out there!!!
I've been thinking about Nevaeh and Rob in the accompanying photo. I too have been hanging on for dear life, but I don't know that I have been enjoying it quite like she appears to be doing. I observe though, that she is certain Bub's got her back and so she can simply "enjoy the ride!" May I be every bit as certain of my faith in God, that He's got my back and if I try, I just might learn to enjoy the ride, in SPITE of the circumstances!

No comments: